Saturday, March 5, 2011

Summer...it will be here soon, I promise.



February came and went in a hurry, but summer still seems very far away. I am craving warm evenings, flip flops, the farmers market, my sun roof, wearing skirts and dresses again, conversations & wine on the porch, mini weekend getaways, cook outs, music in the streets, I need a taste of summer.....

While thinking of all this tonight I remembered one of my favorite quotes:

In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.
-Albert Camus


So, I made a caprese salad and opened a bottle of wine, one I had bought in Door County this fall, and summer seemed a bit closer this evening.

Happy March everyone, summer is only 108 days away....

















- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this summer post! I feel the same way. Wine on the balcony...I can NOT wait! Not going to AZ until May, I think - timing doesn't work that well. So I am craving some warmth and sunshine. Maybe I'll get DJ to grill one of these nights. That always helps. :-)

    ReplyDelete