Friday, February 18, 2011

D Mo's Dinner

Last night my friend Chrissy and I stopped by D Mo's for some much needed girl talk and dinner. She had never been to D Mo's so it was fun to take her there and show here what "newer" restaurants Waukesha has to offer (she's been living in DC for the past year). We selected a bottle of wine and started with the calimari appetizer and it also includes some shrimp.






For dinner I was in the mood for some sort of seafood pasta dish, but the Mac & Cheese was calling my name as well.... So I asked if could have my own creation. Stacey, awesome waitress, checked with the chef and to my delight made me my own Lobster Mac and Cheese (I guess it helps to know the owner, Tony ;) ). It was AWESOME!!! Penne pasta, chunks of lobster, a rich cheese sauce and topped with more cheese, breadcrumbs and baked!!! Chrissy and I loved it.





Chrissy was eyeing up the gnocchi with pulled pork and shaved parmesan.





Another excellent dish, I'm glad she shared a few bites with me! It is the perfect comfort food. The warm potato gnocchi was the perfect base for the pork and the parmesan added a bit of cheesy saltiness. I can't wait to have it again.


So, the bottom line...... Check out D Mo's at the Clarke Hotel in downtown Waukesha for an awesome dinner!
There are also great nightly food and drink specials.

1 comment:

  1. The gnocchi is crazy good, isn't it? I would think it is heavy but not at all. The pork is pork shoulder so it is pretty tender...

    ReplyDelete